From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Auto-mounting USB drive?
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 07:54:05
1 On Tue, 26 May 2009 05:35:46 +0100, Stroller wrote:
2
3 > Mark: yes, I don't see any reason NOT to address by label (e2label or
4 > whatever XFS / Reiser use) these days. The only thing I can think of
5 > is that your USB drivers or the kernel module that does USB mass-
6 > storage is not loaded in time during boot. Aren't there any messages
7 > about failed mounts amongst the kernel messages on the screen?
8
9 That's most likely the problem, I had a similar situation trying to mount
10 an SD card at boot time. Two solutions are to mount the device later in
11 the boot sequence, from /etc/conf.d/local, or to build the necessary
12 modules into the kernel. Since you're mounting the USB device on boot,
13 there's no point in having separate modules for USB.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 This is as bad as it can get; but don't bet on it.