From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PS/2 mouse not working
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 10:22:25
1 smoke3 wrote:
2
3 >On 7/24/05, Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org> wrote:
6 >>Ok, so you get some characters when you read /dev/input/mice and
7 >>/dev/psaux. What doesn't work?
11 >I don't get any trash chars when i move my mouse and red light is off!
12 >If i unplug and re-plug the mouse, i get red light turned on for just
13 >a second and if i try to move the mouse, it gets off again.
14 >What does work?
15 >;)
20 Ok, your original message wasn't clear to me. Many mice have a
21 "two-stage" LED that goes dim after a few seconds (not completely off
22 though). And I thought that "X" was a translation for the non-printing
23 characters.
24
25 Did you set CONFIG_MOUSE_PS2=y or =m? If =y, try rebuilding as a
26 module. This would let you remove and reload the driver (rmmod psmouse;
27 modprobe psmouse) to see what happens.
28
29 Also, is this a real PS/2 mouse (not using a USB to PS/2 adapter), or do
30 you use a KVM switch?
31
32 -Richard
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list