From: Roger Mason <rmason@×××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: sci-physics/root slotting?
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 10:01:40
1 Hello Daid,
2
3 daid kahl <daidxor@×××××.com> writes:
4
5 >> Hello,
6 >>
7 >> For anyone who uses the data analysis framework ROOT developed mainly
8 >> at CERN (sorry, I didn't name it 'root'), I can imagine that slotting
9 >> would be an extremely useful feature.
10 >
11 >> It occurred to me tonight that adding slotting should be easy and very
12 >> useful.
13
14 I use ROOT a fair amount. I have not personally run into issues with
15 sensitivity of macros to ROOT version, at least not that I know of. I
16 am running 5.22-r2 on an X86_64 system and 5.25/02 on a ppc. The latter
17 was compiled outside portage because ROOT is masked with missing keyword
18 on that system.
19
20 If there is something I can do to help out then please let me know. I
21 am not much of a programmer, but at the very least I should be able to
22 run tests. I have a few old machines around that could be fired up and
23 used as test beds.
24
25 I am tied up with end of term stuff for the next week or so, but then my
26 time will be a bit more flexible.
27
28 Cheers,
29 Roger