From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [gentoo-user] Two identical systems - different!
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2014 23:38:17
1 On Tuesday 04 Mar 2014 20:08:57 Mick wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 04 Mar 2014 15:47:05 Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > Whatever I've tried, I still can't get owncloud installed properly, not
4 > > even by running their installer script to fetch and install version 6.0.2,
5 > > just released. That's why I felt forced into the brute-force method.
6 >
7 > What you describe as "installed properly" boils down to using wget to
8 > download their latest release, untarring it into your /var/www/owncloud
9 > directory and checking that ownership and access rights are correctly set.
10 >
11 > The manual install instructions explain how to do this step by step on their
12 > website.
13 >
14 > Are you getting some particular error when you try to load it in a browser?
15
16 Yes, I am. I can do those things, or I can install from the ebuild, and in
17 either case the file structure under /var/www/localhost/htdocs/owncloud looks
18 fine, permissions and all (I haven't yet tried using vhosts). Then when I
19 browse to owncloud it asks for an admin name and password, then runs through
20 post-install checks and announces "Your web server is not yet properly setup
21 to allow files synchronisation because the WebDAV interface seems to be
22 broken."
23
24 Since owncloud's DAV functionality is built into its own PHP code, I can only
25 suppose that I have a USE flag wrong here:
26
27 [ebuild R ] dev-lang/php-5.5.9:5.5 USE="apache2 berkdb bzip2 calendar
28 cgi cli crypt ctype curl exif fileinfo filter fpm ftp gd gdbm gmp hash iconv
29 intl ipv6 json mysql mysqli nls opcache pdo phar posix readline session
30 simplexml sqlite ssl tokenizer truetype unicode xml xmlwriter zip zlib -bcmath
31 -cdb -cjk -debug -embed -enchant -firebird -flatfile -frontbase -imap -inifile -
32 iodbc -kerberos -ldap -ldap-sasl -libedit -libmysqlclient -mhash -mssql -oci8-
33 instant-client -odbc -pcntl -postgres -qdbm -recode (-selinux) -sharedmem -
34 snmp -soap -sockets -spell -sybase-ct -systemd -sysvipc -threads -tidy -wddx -
35 xmlreader -xmlrpc -xpm -xslt"
36
37 Everything the instructions ask for is in that list, unless I've missed
38 something, but maybe something else needs changing.
39
40 As I said before, usually everything is emerged in a chroot on this
41 workstation, with the Atom's package directory nfs-mounted in the chroot, then
42 installed on the Atom from the packages. Maybe that arrangement is exposing
43 some obscure fault, which is why I'm currently running emerge -e world
44 natively on the Atom, without reference to the pre-built packages. That should
45 have finished by the end of the night and then I'll see if there's a difference.
46 This is one expensive test in machine cycles and clock time.
49 Regards
50 Peter