From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Securely deletion of an HDD
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 21:08:06
1 Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > It turns out that one of the first things you do during a coup in a
5 > small central/south american county is take over or disable the
6 > radio-telphone base stations. [Back then the base stations were much
7 > higher power and covered much larger areas than a cellular base
8 > station does these days.]
11 Yep:: Then when I got my first research lab, guess what was our first
12 'Big Donation' ? A semi trailer full of every make of those old at&t
13 unix systems; from 3B2's own up the ladder to working switchgear.
14 We wiped them clean and put Mt. Xinu unix (BSD) on them just to tick
15 off the at&t folks.... Funny thing was they just kept giving us more and
16 more equipment...
19 Kids now a days do not get to play with the 'toys' we did in college.
20 At poker flats [1] we got to shoot off rockets into the ionosphere. Try
21 that one today.... The father of the modern rocket [2] taught my son
22 Multi-Variable Calculus.... Small world when you get down to it....
23
24 Want to see the latest in Mach 7 guns?
29 cheers!
30 James
31
32 [1] http://www.pfrr.alaska.edu/