From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Find IP of proxy
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 22:54:39
1 On 06/04/06, Mike Owen <kyphros@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I'm curious as to why you need the proxy info in the first place. It
4 > sounds like you can connect out just fine, so why bother with
5 > configuring a proxy?
6
7 No I can't connect to the Internet. Also I believe that icmp traffic
8 is blocked. No pings are returned.
11 > If you are allowed to send icmp and udp traffic out of the network, a
12 > traceroute should show you what hops are on your network. If routing
13 > forces all traffic through this proxy, it'll probably be one of these
14 > hops.
15 >
16 > Or, they could be doing policy routing where only tcp port 80/443
17 > traffic goes through the proxy, and all other traffic goes out some
18 > other route. In that case, you'll need to use a tcp traceroute program
19 > configured to probe on port 80, so it is forced through the proxy.
20
21 How do I do that?
24 Regards,
25 Mick