From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Intel SRT + SSD + SATA
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 10:00:44
1 On Thursday 27 Jun 2013 09:19:02 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On 26/06/2013 16:28, Mick wrote:
3
4 > > cat /etc/local.d/set_radeon_power_profile.start
5 > > echo auto > /sys/class/drm/card0/device/power_profile
6 >
7 > I did try that once, and somehow it went horribly wrong - the machine
8 > became *very* unresponsive to keyboard and mouse, as if it was applying
9 > huge amounts of CPU throttling (not freq scaling)
10
11 Hmm ... interesting. I do not get any such problems. I have set up
12 /sys/class/drm/card0/device/power_method to 'profile' and power_profile to
13 'auto' as shown above and the fan behaviour is comparable to MSWindows. Are
14 you sure you did not try 'low' instead of 'auto'?
15
16 Perhaps leaving power_profile at default and using 'dynpm' at power_method may
17 work better? Have a look here:
18
19 https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ATI
22 Regards,