From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LVM : pros & cons
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 12:05:28
1 Never had a problem with LVM.
2
3 On a mythTV box with LVM, started with 80GB IDE, then added in a 300Gb
4 IDE, then a few months later another 300mb, sata this time. Basicly
5 transparent to Myth
6
7 I have avoided LVM on laptops before now because its extra complexity
8 and I'll never add multiple disks.
9
10 But, on a sony laptop without LVM - I have discovered that when I
11 partitioned it in a rush ~18 months ago, I made the diagnostic partition
12 5 GBytes instead of 5 mbytes - and now I need the space. My options are
13 to format it and symlink it into the tree, wipe and start again or
14 image, repartition and restore. All have big disadvantages because this
15 is my primary, work, not owned by me laptop (!).
16
17 It would have been so much easier if I had used LVM ...
18