From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What is up with the libreoffice ebuild?
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 20:29:40
1 Neil Bothwick writes:
2
3 > On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 11:12:08 +0200, Alex Schuster wrote:
4 >
5 > > Printing is one thing that just seems to work much better on Windows.
6 > > This is becoming better, it looks like the LibreOffice and Firefox
7 > > print dialogs allow to set print features like the resolution. But
8 > > other applications, like Konqueror, do not have this option, so I have
9 > > multiple printers configured in order to select the resolution.
10 >
11 > You can do it, but the option is fairly well hidden. In the print
12 > window, select Properties, then the Advanced tab. Double-click the
13 > resolution and it turns into a drop-down menu.
14
15 Yikes. I wondered why I see these options, but they did not look like I
16 could modify them. I only had a quick look, I don't think I ever printed
17 something with Konqueror, so it never was a real problem for me.
18
19 > I think this system was designed by the previous owner of my house, who
20 > put light switches inside cupboards.
21
22 Hmmm... weird, but I sort of like that. Gives your house a special touch.
23 How cool is this, a visitor asks you to turn on the light, and you say
24 'Sure!', open the cupboard, reach behind the onions and <click> there
25 will be light.
26
27 Wonko