From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Machine completely broken; Ncursed!
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 08:24:31
1 On Tue, 14 Apr 2015 22:09:34 -0500, »Q« wrote:
2
3 > I don't want to advocate for *-. I don't recommend it to anybody. I
4 > don't particularly want to argue about how good/bad/ugly it is with
5 > anybody, but it's it's tough not to argue when people are telling me
6 > I'm causing myself problems and I'm not seeing any such problems.
7
8 That's fair enough. I have no problem with your using -*, it's your
9 system. Advocating it is another matter, but you're not doing that.
13 Neil Bothwick
14
15 Velilind's Laws of Experimentation:
16 1. If reproducibility may be a problem, conduct the test only once.
17 2. If a straight line fit is required, obtain only two data points.