From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New install, I still can't send email. Same error too.
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 13:15:37
1 On Thursday 19 January 2006 06:38, Dale wrote:
2 > OK, some of this is getting out of order here. I changed the flag in my
3 > USE to -ipv6. I then recompiled the programs that it changed on. It
4 > was Mozilla and a couple others as well that Mozilla uses. If you get
5 > this it is working, for the moment any way. It did work earlier to but
6 > then stopped when I reconnected.
7 >
8 > I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it but it was worth a try.
9 > I played a game of Solitaire while it was working on it. LOL
10 >
11 > I'll keep you posted. Now to find some people that I can send email to
12 > and not get mad at me. Any volunteers??
13 >
14 > Thanks.
15 >
16 > Dale
17 >
18 > :-)
19 >
20 > Oh, somewhere along the way this thing popped up. When I hit compose or
21 > reply, a line comes up for "reply to". It didn't use to do that and I
22 > usually delete it. How do I make it go away? It bugs me.
25 OK. I got a couple volunteers. I sent one of them a email then disconnected.
26 After I got reconnected, Mozilla gives me a error. I'm in Kmail again.
27
28 I have one thing I'm going to tell my ISP. Fix this or I'm getting another
29 ISP. Ever since the hurricane it has been going downhill, fast. I have five
30 numbers for them and can only connect to one of them and it is VERY slow,
31 only 24K. I usually get 28K or so. My emerge sync took half again as long
32 to do last night.
33
34 Thanks for the help. I'm 99% sure this is a ISP problem since it works
35 sometimes and then stops after a reconnect. What you folks think?
36
37 Dale
38 :-)
39 --