From: Richard Watson <waty@×××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] I think I messed up USE flag by using -alsa as Gnome has no sound
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 01:41:37
1 > At this stage I'm doing
2 > # emerge --update --ask --deep --verbose --newuse --tree world
3 > as setting alsa on is asking quite few items to want to recompile.
4
5 >>OK, stop where you are. Hands off the 'Enter' key ;-)
6
7 Hi Holly - To late ... I'd already hit enter ... When I looked at my system
8 afterwards I had sound ..!! Everything seems to work OK at the moment.
9 Obviously recompiling with USE=alsa worked.
10
11 I am however going to work through your very informative post. I'm a
12 genkernel user for no other reason than I just have not made the time to
13 build a kernel manually (Young children play havoc with time management).
14
15 Regards and thanks, Richard
19 No virus found in this outgoing message.
20 Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list