From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] filesystems
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 06:38:35
1 Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
2 > Am Montag, 24. November 2008 02:06:04 schrieb Dale:
5 >> I think it is LVMS or something. Linux volume management system?? I
6 >> think Redhat calls it EVMS or something.
9 > Two things, (more ore less) one purpose:
10 >
11 > 1) LVM: Logical Volume Management
12 > 2) EVMS: Enterprise Volume Management System
13 >
14 > 1) is used for management of Logical Volumes, organised in Volume Groups,
15 > which could be spread accross one or more Physical Volumes.
16 >
17 > @William: If one or more of the PVs is a Network Block Device, you're not
18 > bound to the local machine.
19 >
20 > 2) From IBM, not RH. It's an umbrella for the whole storage management chain
21 > from fdisk over (SW-) RAID and Logical Volumes to filesystem creation and
22 > maintenance.
23 >
24 > HTH...
25 >
26 > Dirk
31 I knew it was something like that. I thought it was networkable but was
32 not sure. You guys sure know more about that than I do.
33
34 Dale
35