From: Mauro Faccenda <faccenda@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: "Johám-Luís Miguéns Vila" <galiza.ceive@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] embed subtitles on video to ipod
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 15:13:55
1 On Sunday 11 February 2007 11:43, Johám-Luís Miguéns Vila wrote:
2 > On 16:59 Sat 10 Feb , Mauro Faccenda wrote:
3 > > Hi people,
4 > >
5 > > I have some videos and its respectives subtitles (.srt) and would like to
6 > > watch them on my new iPod Video.
7 > >
8 > > I already know how to recode them so can be played on iPod, but I don't
9 > > know how to insert the legend from the .srt text file.
10 >
11 > < ... >
12 >
13 > If you use mencoder to recode file to be iPod compliant, just add -sub
14 > /whereis/sub.srt to recode command. I don't know about ffmpeg.
17 I already tryied it... I don't know if I did something wrong, but the output
18 doesn't had the subtitles.
19
20 Can you give me an example of how you do something like it?
21
22 Thanks,
23 Mauro
24 --