From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] realtime-preemption patch
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 14:02:45
1 Hi,
2
3 On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 12:11:48 +0000
4 karlos <k.gebbert@×××××.com> wrote:
5
6 > I just wanted to ask whether someone on the List has experiences with the
7 > Realtime Preemption patches by Ingo Molnar
8 >
9 > http://people.redhat.com/mingo/realtime-preempt/
10 >
11 > applied to the gentoo-kernel. I have just tried it out but a LOT of files
12 > are not where patch thinks they should be, so I did not even attempt to
13 > build it.
14
15 Files should be there... you're using the correct -p flag for patch? I
16 guess you'd having problems anyway if you're using the (already heavily
17 patched) gentoo-kernel. Why not start with a vanilla kernel, patch it
18 with realtime-preempt and then apply any other patches you might want
19 from gentoo-sources?
20
21 -hwh
22 --