From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PHP5 Quick Question
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 15:37:53
1 Hi,
2
3 On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 10:32:21 -0400
4 Michael Crute <mcrute@×××××.com> wrote:
5
6 > Is there a way to build the php 5 extensions (I.E. GD, mysql, etc) as
7 > external libraries instead of compiling it all into the core? I assume this
8 > is the sharedext flag but I want to make sure before I go try it and muck
9 > things up.
10
11 $ grep sharedext /usr/portage/profiles/use.desc
12 sharedext - Adds support for building shared extensions in php
13
14 sounds good, doesn't it ;-)?
15
16 Regarding the "gd-external" A. Khattri mentioned, I think this is to
17 make php use a separately compiled (by emerging it as a dependency) GD
18 lib instead of using the sources that php has integrated.
19
20 -hwh
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list