From: Michael Crute <mcrute@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PHP5 Quick Question
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 15:47:12
1 Well grepping that file is a nice trick that I didnt know. Thanks! Thats
2 what I needed to know.
3
4 -Mike
5
6 On 8/2/05, Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de> wrote:
7 >
8 > Hi,
9 >
10 > On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 10:32:21 -0400
11 > Michael Crute <mcrute@×××××.com> wrote:
12 >
13 > > Is there a way to build the php 5 extensions (I.E. GD, mysql, etc) as
14 > > external libraries instead of compiling it all into the core? I assume
15 > this
16 > > is the sharedext flag but I want to make sure before I go try it and
17 > muck
18 > > things up.
19 >
20 > $ grep sharedext /usr/portage/profiles/use.desc
21 > sharedext - Adds support for building shared extensions in php
22 >
23 > sounds good, doesn't it ;-)?
24 >
25 > Regarding the "gd-external" A. Khattri mentioned, I think this is to
26 > make php use a separately compiled (by emerging it as a dependency) GD
27 > lib instead of using the sources that php has integrated.
28 >
29 > -hwh
30 > --
31 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
38 Michael E. Crute
39 Software Developer
40 SoftGroup Development Corporation
41
42 "In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"