From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Initramfs or move /usr to /, oh my...
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 22:27:49
1 On 03/18/2012 11:52 AM, walt wrote:
2
3 > The other nifty hint was to add "panic=10" as a kernel parameter in
4 > grub.conf (menu.lst) so that your remote system will reboot in 10
5 > seconds if the kernel panics during boot. That will let you test
6 > (remotely) if a kernel parameter like "noinitrd" breaks your machine.
7
8 Heh. I learn a lot from reading my posts -- when I figure out why
9 my first reply was wrong :p
10
11 Now that I've thought about it, I assume you have only ssh access to
12 your remote machine, so you can't see the grub boot prompt, right?
13
14 Maybe the remote machine doesn't even pause at the boot prompt because
15 no one is there to watch it? I'm curious how remote servers work in
16 real life because in my next life I wanna come back as a sysadmin :)