From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How the HAL are you supposed to use these files?
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 22:14:16
1 On Freitag 12 Februar 2010, pk wrote:
2 > Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 > > well, just look at all those ubuntu users. Just for starters.
4 >
5 > Hm. And those ubuntu users have a choice? For the record, most people
6 > using wireless anywhere are using OS's from Redmond or Cupertino
7 > (Apple). They don't care about D-Bus either...
10 I would like to point out that this is 'gentoo user' not 'talk about any os'
11 or 'windows support'. You might be surprised to learn that gentoo is a linux
12 distribution. So why do you bring windows or apple up?
15 > > yes, it has. There is no question that dbus is a needed and good
16 > > solution.
17 >
18 > I do have that "question". All I want to say is that this is a matter of
19 > opinion. It has nothing to do with solving a real-world problem; I guess
20 > you will disagree with me on this as well but you see a problem where I
21 > don't...
22
23 the problems, dbus solves, have been discussed to death already. Maybe you
24 should read Alan McKinnons mails again. You seem to have missed a lot. Neil
25 Bothwick's mails are also something you should consider.