From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone succeeded with kmail2?
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 02:13:07
1 On 04/01/13 17:09, Mick wrote:
2 > On Friday 04 Jan 2013 04:13:21 Randy Barlow wrote:
3 >> On 01/03/2013 12:09 PM, Peter Humphrey wrote:
4 >>> Does anyone recommend a mail client that doesn't rely too heavily on the
5 >>> mouse? I much prefer to navigate, reply etc with the keyboard. I've
6 >>> seen Evolution recommended; is that OK?
7 >> Thunderbird is my favorite mail client. You can do a lot with the KB.
8 >> For example, go to next read mail is just 'n' for next. CTRL-R for
9 >> reply. It's not bad to learn the shortcuts. Plus it has a lot of great
10 >> features and extensions.
11 >>
12 >> For CLI clients, I sometimes use Mutt. It's a little bit of a pain to
13 >> configure for IMAP, but once you get it going it's pretty cool.
14 > Can mutt be made to use autocompletion for email addresses and to
15 > automatically select encryption keys (gpg and/or s/mime)?
16 >
17 > Last time I tried it briefly this became a sticking point for me ...
18 Apologies for breaking the proper threading, if indeed I have.
19
20 I've got Thunderbird to connect to my ISP and fetch new messages, but I
21 now have another, large problem. It won't import my 25,000 or so
22 messages from kmail, nor even its filters. I do not wish to lose all
23 that history, so can anyone suggest another e-mail client that can
24 reliably import messages and filters from kmail?
25
26 Alternatively, since kmail version 1 has disappeared from the current
27 mirrors, does it live in an overlay somewhere so that I can get the old,
28 solid behaviour back? I assume that if I do regress to the old version
29 I'll lose everything that's come in since the "upgrade" (it's a POP3
30 server).
33 Peter.