From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Setting up a fall back ISP SMTP in sendmail
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 12:02:36
1 On Saturday 17 April 2010 00:51:39 Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> writes:
3 > > Hi All,
4 > >
5 > > Is there a (native) way to configure sendmail to send messages via a
6 > > secondary smtp account, if dor some reason the primary ISP smtp is
7 > > down, without some bespoke DIY script?
8 >
9 > Not give you the runaround, and there may well be some sendmail
10 > experts here... but I think your question is more likely to get a
11 > really helpful response if you put it on comp.mail.sendmail.
12 >
13 > You might get an answer from Per Hedlund or one of the other heavy
14 > hitters there.
15 >
16 > I've used sendmail for yrs but just on homeboy little local lans.
17 >
18 > I'd be surprised if there is not some well trod way to do what you are
19 > asking. Sendmail is probably the most widely used MTA around so it
20 > seem really likely that problem has been dealt with in some way.
21
22 For the purpose of posterity:
23
24 The way to set up a fall back host is to use confFALLBACK_SMARTHOST to define
25 a fall back smtp server.
26 --
27 Regards,
28 Mick