From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Setting up a fall back ISP SMTP in sendmail
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 23:52:22
1 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > Hi All,
4 >
5 > Is there a (native) way to configure sendmail to send messages via a
6 > secondary smtp account, if dor some reason the primary ISP smtp is
7 > down, without some bespoke DIY script?
8
9 Not give you the runaround, and there may well be some sendmail
10 experts here... but I think your question is more likely to get a
11 really helpful response if you put it on comp.mail.sendmail.
12
13 You might get an answer from Per Hedlund or one of the other heavy
14 hitters there.
15
16 I've used sendmail for yrs but just on homeboy little local lans.
17
18 I'd be surprised if there is not some well trod way to do what you are
19 asking. Sendmail is probably the most widely used MTA around so it
20 seem really likely that problem has been dealt with in some way.