From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is it OK to get rid of app-alternatives/* ?
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 04:09:17
1 On Wed, Feb 15, 2023 at 07:20:37PM +0000, Wol wrote
2
3 > what are they going to do about "eselect kernel set ..." then?
4 >
5 > It's bad enough depclean deleting the active kernel if you don't watch
6 > out, without something deciding to install a non-existent kernel and
7 > deleting the live one :-)
8
9 I have my own hand-coded script that runs "emerge --pretend --depclean"
10 and tweaks/filters the output into another script called "cleanscript".
11 I've set it to filter out "gentoo-sources". I then inspect
12 "cleanscript" before running it. And, oh yeah, depclean wants to remove
13 nano. I had to "emerge -n nano" to protect it.
16 I've seen things, you people wouldn't believe; Gopher, Netscape with
17 frames, the first Browser Wars. Searching for pages with AltaVista,
18 pop-up windows self-replicating, trying to uninstall RealPlayer. All
19 those moments, will be lost in time like tears in rain... time to die.