From: "Andrés Becerra Sandoval" <andres.becerra@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The return of the dreaded "Cannot run C compiled programs"
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 14:47:47
1 2018-03-26 9:34 GMT-05:00 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>:
2
3 > Peter Humphrey wrote:
4 > > I have a four-core 64-bit Celeron box with 4GB RAM, on which I've just
5 > > installed a standard XFCE system on the desktop profile. It all went as
6 > > expected, but when I ran an emerge -e world at the end I had two
7 > failures:
8 > > both glibc and sandbox failed with the error in the subject line.
9 > >
10 > > It's some years since I last saw this error, and I'm stuck. I've looked
11 > > through /etc hoping to find something skew-whiff, and I've compared the
12 > > environment with this box's, but nothing stands out.
13 > >
14 > > Finally, following the hint in the portage output, I ran
15 > "FEATURES='-sandbox -
16 > > usersandbox' emerge -1 --color n sandbox". It made no discernible
17 > difference.
18 > >
19 > > I've attached the logs etc from sandbox.
20 > >
21 > > Has anyone a clue?
25 ​Peter,
26
27 I would check /etc/portage/make.conf for ​a typo in the main variables
28 (CHOST, CFLAGS,CXXFLAGS) ....