From: Hung Dang <hungptit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: backup program recommendations?
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 23:49:47
1 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > Hung Dang wrote:
3 >> James Wall wrote:
4 >>> Hi all,
5 >>>
6 >>> I am looking for a backup program that can back up to my DVD+-R/RW
7 >>> drive
8 >>> to back up my private portage tree/distfile/music/web server. What
9 >>> programs would you recommend to handle this task?
10 >>>
11 >>> TIA James Wall
12 >>>
13 >>>
14 >> You can try k3b
15 >
16 > Well, that's not a backup app. But anyway, I don't use a "backup app"
17 > either. I just tar.lzma the whole thing and burn it :P
20 My bad :( I thought it is the program to write to DVD.
21 I am not sure what you want. In my case, I combine a bash script to
22 compress, rsync ... with cron to do the back up weekly. It seem to be
23 quite convenient.
24
25 If you have big files using rar is faster and save more space than tar.
26
27 Hung