From: Bruno Espinoza <bruno32@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gcc slots
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 00:58:39
1 Acording to Gentoo Documentation, Portage and Emerge never delete an
2 existing version of gcc. If you want to do so, simply unemerge it. But be
3 care. You have to modifiy certain files to make emerge compile with the new
4 version. See http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gcc-upgrading.xml (GCC Updating
5 Guide) for details.
6