From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: upgrade to gcc-6.4.0
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 02:50:40
1 On 16/03/18 04:26, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > !!! Your current profile is deprecated and not supported anymore.
3 > !!! Use eselect profile to update your profile.
4 > !!! Please upgrade to the following profile if possible:
5 >
6 > default/linux/amd64/17.0/desktop
7 >
8 > You may use the following command to upgrade:
9 >
10 > eselect profile set default/linux/amd64/17.0/desktop
11 > [...]
12 > I did not switch to new profile "17" yet. I was trying to rebuild "sys-devel/libtool" first, but got a blocker.
13
14 There's a news item describing how to upgrade the profile. It involves a
15 full world rebuild though, so you should probably schedule that
16 appropriately.
17
18 $ eselect news list
19
20 to see current news items. The item in question has the title:
21
22 [number] New 17.0 profiles in the Gentoo repository
23
24 to read it, use:
25
26 $ eselect news read [number]