From: Korthrun <korthrun@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox, flash player, and youTube
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 00:20:53
1 On 12/18/06, Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au> wrote:
2 > On Mon, 2006-12-18 at 10:51 +0100, Arnau Bria wrote:
3 > > On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 09:57:05 -0800
4 > > Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
5 > >
6 > > > I'm up-to-date on stable ebuilds.
7 > > > I've tried to view a cute youTube "Code Monkey" video, but get the
8 > > > complaint my flash Player plugin is obsolete (or I'm blocking
9 > > > Javascript, which is false). It's
10 > > > at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lLRBiEBRAc
11 > >
12 > > Here's some code for downloading youtube videos:
13 >
14 > or, you could just install the firefox add-on "videodownloader" from
15 > http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php and have a little icon in your
16 > status bar which, on a right click, will let you download any mp3,
17 > flash, wmv, avi, etc, etc, on the current web page.
18 >
19 > HTH!
20 > --
21 > Iain Buchanan <iaindb at netspace dot net dot au>
22 >
23 > Living on Earth may be expensive, but it includes an annual free trip
24 > around the Sun.
25 >
26 > --
27 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
30 SNIP
31 I've downloaded the latest player that Adobe offers for linux,
32 /SNIP
33 Are you talking about the one that firefox directs you to based on the
34 EMBED tag for the player or the actual latest linux version?
35 Specificly: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer9.html
36
37 I have yet to find any flash that whines about my version or anything
38 like it since installing that. No problems either.
42 () The ASCII Ribbon Campaign - against HTML Email,
43 /\ vCards, and proprietary formats.
44 --
45 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list