From: damian <damian.only@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Microphone not working
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 00:48:17
1 On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 9:25 PM, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >>> Thanks Paul. I've been using model=acer and I just tried a couple
3 >>> others, some worked some didn't. I also tried removing and replacing
4 >>> my second USB sound card definition. The strange thing is I've come
5 >>> back to my original config and it's working now. Could another file
6 >>> have gotten out of order and my playing with the settings got it back
7 >>> together?
8 >> I'm glad you could make it. Can you send the relevant configuration files?
9 >
10 > Sure, here it is, but this config was also not working. I tried
11 > model=alsa-aspire, model=auto, and I removed the second sound card
12 > definition. I eventually brought it back to the way it originally was
13 > and now it's working. Weird.
14 Thanks a lot. I hope it works, but if you said it was not working the
15 first time, probably there is some other configuration required. Let's
16 see what happens.
17
18 Best regards,
19 Damian.
20
21 > alias char-major-116 snd
22 > alias char-major-14 soundcore
23 > alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
24 > options snd-hda-intel index=0
25 > options snd-hda-intel model=acer
26 > alias snd-card-1 snd-usb-audio
27 > options snd-usb-audio index=1
28 > alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
29 > alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
30 > alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
31 > alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
32 > alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
33 > alias /dev/mixer snd-mixer-oss
34 > alias /dev/dsp snd-pcm-oss
35 > alias /dev/midi snd-seq-oss
36 > options snd cards_limit=2