From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Microphone not working
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 20:25:04
1 >> Thanks Paul. I've been using model=acer and I just tried a couple
2 >> others, some worked some didn't. I also tried removing and replacing
3 >> my second USB sound card definition. The strange thing is I've come
4 >> back to my original config and it's working now. Could another file
5 >> have gotten out of order and my playing with the settings got it back
6 >> together?
7 > I'm glad you could make it. Can you send the relevant configuration files?
8
9 Sure, here it is, but this config was also not working. I tried
10 model=alsa-aspire, model=auto, and I removed the second sound card
11 definition. I eventually brought it back to the way it originally was
12 and now it's working. Weird.
13
14 alias char-major-116 snd
15 alias char-major-14 soundcore
16 alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
17 options snd-hda-intel index=0
18 options snd-hda-intel model=acer
19 alias snd-card-1 snd-usb-audio
20 options snd-usb-audio index=1
21 alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
22 alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
23 alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
24 alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
25 alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss