From: Heinz Sporn <heinz.sporn@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] HELP! grub stops, only hard reset helps
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 10:41:23
1 Am Donnerstag, den 08.09.2005, 11:44 +0200 schrieb capsel:
2 > It is second time i'm posting about this problem on this group, maybe
3 > I did it wrong last time...
4
5 Maybe. But maybe it's just because you didn't provide ANY piece of
6 information like grub.conf, disk/partition layout, etc. etc.
9 > so the problem is GRUB
10 > it doesn't matter what partitions I have or how do I install it
11 > (always "successfull")
12 > it still shows no memory at all (run grub from bash, delete "grub>",
13
14 What on earth do you mean by: "shows no memory at all" ?
15
16 > put zeros where amount of memory is, and you will see same text I do),
17 > no menu or command prompt.
18 >
19 > I've read man grub and info grub and I'm sure that it is not problem
20 > of devices (hdX,Y) or menu file (menu.lst, grub.conf).
21 >
22 > HELP PLEASE!
25 Mit freundlichen Grüßen
26