From: "Mickaël Bucas" <mbucas@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage: Complaining about multiple incidents at once
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 20:16:36
1 Le dim. 19 avr. 2020 à 13:03, Gerion Entrup <gerion.entrup@×××××.de> a écrit :
2 >
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > does Portage have a "don't stop" mode?
6 >
7 > With that I mean the following:
8 > I'm doing updates with
9 > emerge -auND world --keep-going --quiet-build --verbose-conflicts
10 >
11 > Portage then often stops, saying a dependency keyword is missing or a
12 > useflag etc. However, this always happens incident after incident, so I
13 > need to run portage multiple times.
14 >
15 > Is there a way to instruct portage to just say: "Ok, here is a
16 > configuration fix necessary, maybe a use flag must be added, but let's
17 > assume, the user does this and the use flag is set now. What do I need
18 > to do next."
19 >
20 > Without checking it, this behaviour seems to be more the case in prior
21 > portage version (complaining about multiple incidents at once).
22 >
23 > Best,
24 > Gerion
25
26 Hi Gerion
27
28 I believe that what you are looking for are the options starting with
29 --autounmask, which affect the initial analysis of the build tree,
30 which is the source of the complaints about missing keywords or USE
31 flags.
32 The --keep-going option does a great job at continuing to build other
33 packages when one build fails.
34
35 There are a bunch of them so I don't know how much you'd like to use
36 but it seems tailored to go forward in almost any situation !
37 They are well described in "man emerge"
38 --autounmask [ y | n ]
39 --autounmask-backtrack < y | n >
40 --autounmask-continue [ y | n ]
41 --autounmask-only [ y | n ]
42 --autounmask-unrestricted-atoms [ y | n ]
43 --autounmask-keep-keywords [ y | n ]
44 --autounmask-keep-masks [ y | n ]
45 --autounmask-license < y | n >
46 --autounmask-use < y | n >
47 --autounmask-write [ y | n ]
48
49 Adding --backtrack=COUNT with COUNT > 10 (the default value) may push
50 Portage to look forward a bit more.
51
52 However, as I don't use them, I don't know what stability you could
53 expect from your system after activating any or all of them.
54
55 Best regards
56 Mickaël Bucas