From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Again: Critical bugs considered invalid
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 21:58:46
1 * Hemmann, Volker Armin <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de> wrote:
2
3 <snip>
4
5 > so first you went to the wrong bugzilla and made a big fuss.
6 > Then you went to the gentoo-bugzilla and made even more fuss.
7
8 Yes, I first expected it to be an firefox bug, so I filed the bug there.
9 After I found out that the ff source didn't contain that error message,
10 I had I look elsewhere and learned that it's produced by an Gentoo
11 specific script coming from another package. So I filed the bug there.
12
13 BTW: what do you exactly mean with "made a big fuss" ?
14
15 > And in less than a day you have concluded that nobody is interessted
16 > in your problem or patch.
17
18 Yes, because certain (responsible) people directly expressed it to me,
19 again (as usual).
20
21 <snip>
22
23 > You are really fast - but have you ever tried to create a NEW PROFILE
24 > WITH THE CORRECT DIR INSTEAD OF SYMLINKS? NO?
25
26 That's far, far away from my problem. I do not need any new profile,
27 and the profile is okay. The symlinks have to be there, explicitly.
28 Firefox does not have any slightest problem with that. (why should it ?)
29 It's Gentoo's "mozilla-launcher", which introduces that problem.
30
31 > Just start firefox with firefox -Profilemanager
32
33 And then ?
34 Hope that mozilla-launcher gets repaired by itself ?
35
36 > Oh, and retry. Maybe adding the author of mozilla-launcher to the bug?
37
38 Do I have permission for that ? That's new to me.
39
40 > Because, you know, the bugwranglers aren't perfect-all-knowing persons
41 > - and you are so smart, you should be able to find the dev who is responsible
42 > for mozilla-launcher...
43
44 Isn't it exactly the job of the bugwranglers to delegate bugs to the
45 responsible persons ?
46
47 Sometimes it seems, certain wranglers are for killing bugs of specific
48 persons ;-O
49
50 > For the rest - a typical Enrico-mail. Please don't stop. Go on, nothing
51 > to see here.
52
53 Yeah, I already know you don't like me. I dont care.
56 cu
57 --
59 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
61 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
62 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
63 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
64 http://patches.metux.de/
66 --
67 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list