From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Again: Critical bugs considered invalid
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 22:15:38
1 On Mittwoch, 6. Juni 2007, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
2 > * Hemmann, Volker Armin <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3 >
4 > <snip>
5 >
6 > > so first you went to the wrong bugzilla and made a big fuss.
7 > > Then you went to the gentoo-bugzilla and made even more fuss.
8 >
9 > Yes, I first expected it to be an firefox bug, so I filed the bug there.
10 > After I found out that the ff source didn't contain that error message,
11 > I had I look elsewhere and learned that it's produced by an Gentoo
12 > specific script coming from another package. So I filed the bug there.
13 >
14 > BTW: what do you exactly mean with "made a big fuss" ?
15 >
16 > > And in less than a day you have concluded that nobody is interessted
17 > > in your problem or patch.
18 >
19 > Yes, because certain (responsible) people directly expressed it to me,
20 > again (as usual).
21 >
22 > <snip>
23 >
24 > > You are really fast - but have you ever tried to create a NEW PROFILE
25 > > WITH THE CORRECT DIR INSTEAD OF SYMLINKS? NO?
26 >
27 > That's far, far away from my problem. I do not need any new profile,
28 > and the profile is okay. The symlinks have to be there, explicitly.
29 > Firefox does not have any slightest problem with that. (why should it ?)
30 > It's Gentoo's "mozilla-launcher", which introduces that problem.
31 >
32 > > Just start firefox with firefox -Profilemanager
33 >
34 > And then ?
35 > Hope that mozilla-launcher gets repaired by itself ?
36
37 no? but if it works that way, it is not even defective..
40 > > Oh, and retry. Maybe adding the author of mozilla-launcher to the bug?
41 >
42 > Do I have permission for that ? That's new to me.
43 >
44 > > Because, you know, the bugwranglers aren't perfect-all-knowing persons
45 > > - and you are so smart, you should be able to find the dev who is
46 > > responsible for mozilla-launcher...
47 >
48 > Isn't it exactly the job of the bugwranglers to delegate bugs to the
49 > responsible persons ?
52 and bug wranglers are just humans. And humans a) are not perfect and b)
53 sometimes make errors.
56 > Sometimes it seems, certain wranglers are for killing bugs of specific
57 > persons ;-O
58
59 well, Jakub is very fast closing bugs - and sometimes he closes them too
60 fast... this is nothing new - and arguing with him in a civil manner usually
61 solves that.
64 > > For the rest - a typical Enrico-mail. Please don't stop. Go on, nothing
65 > > to see here.
66 >
67 > Yeah, I already know you don't like me. I dont care.
68
69 no, I don't like the manner you regularly make a lot of noise about nothing.
70
71 I don't know you, so I can't know if I like you or not.
72 --
73 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list