From: Shawn Singh <callmeshawn@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - Why is Gentoo so slow when internet is out? + question
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 00:34:36
1 I've experienced a few outages (mainly due to inclement weather), but not
2 seen my Gentoo system slow down at all; however, I have seen my Fedora Core
3 4 and Mandrake 9.2 boxes slow down when their connection to the Internet is
4 lost, but that is normally due to some service / app that relies on Internet
5 connectivity.
6
7 I'd check to see what services and applications are running and determine
8 which of them may be causing the problem.
9