From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Prelink on a already fast system
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 16:09:22
1 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 15 February 2011 13:49:40 Dale wrote:
5 >> I think I'll leave it alone. The new ram may make some things faster tho.
6 >>
7 > It'll be interesting to hear whether it makes any difference. I'm sure it
8 > will if you're currently swapping to disk a lot (are you?), but otherwise
9 > only during en emerge of vast proportions. Or so it seems to me.
10 >
11 > I've always been satisfied with my 4GB, which has always been plenty to hold
12 > the applications I run and their data. Except while emerging, say, Open
13 > Office, but I'm not going to spend even more money than I have already just to
14 > accommodate that!
18 Well, turned out my ram is coming from NJ instead of Memphis. May take
19 a extra day or so. It did ship this morning tho. I plan to max out at
20 16Gbs and put portage on tmpfs. That should be big enough even to
21 compile OOo then.
22
23 Checked UPS.com and it looks like Friday. Not to bad.
24
25 Dale
26