From: Andrey Vul <andrey.vul@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Painted into a corner: avahi and mDNSResponder
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 03:07:20
1 On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 10:30 PM, Alan E. Davis <lngndvs@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Almost perpetually, the following packages or their versions are
3 > blocking. I have run emerge -e system several times. Some other
4 > problems were cleared up, and this
5 > avahi--mDNSResponder/mdnsresponder-compat whatever it all is, just
6 > keeps coming back even when solved by some skullduggery. I've removed
7 > both of them at one time or another.
8 >
9 > [blocks B ] net-dns/avahi ("net-dns/avahi" is blocking
10 > net-misc/mDNSResponder-107.6-r5)
11 >
12 > [blocks B ] net-misc/mDNSResponder ("net-misc/mDNSResponder" is
13 > blocking net-dns/avahi-0.6.23)
14 >
15 > I guess the problem is that I am running gnome and also have two or
16 > three different versions/slots of kde installed. I suppose, then,
17 > it's remarkable that only these blocks are showing up?
18 >
19 > Can someone lend a hand on this? Anything I do is little more than
20 > blind tinkering.
21 >
22 Play around with your USE flags, you'll get it working eventually
23 (that's what I did).
24 ufed helps.
27 Andrey Vul
28
29 A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
30 Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
31 A: Top-posting.
32 Q: What is the most annoying thing in e-mail?