From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user][ot] mail links as footnotes
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 10:57:43
1 On Wednesday 03 December 2008 12:51:19 Dale wrote:
2 > > As for the guy who suggested a form of "sanitized HTML for email",
3 > > maybe you would like
4 > > "enriched text"
5 > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enriched_text
9 > Someone who put it better than I could.  I use HTML elsewhere but out of
10 > respect for the list and those who use it, I use text only, try not to
11 > send anything huge and put links in a way that should work for
12 > everybody.  Maybe I am just a pushover?  It's not like I own the list or
13 > anything either.  :/
14
15 Now if everyone would use HTML mail like you do, there wouldn't be any
16 problems with it :-)
17
18 My personal bug-bear with HTML mail is the use of MS Comic Sans...
21 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com