From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Consistency checking
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 14:07:37
1 On Wed, 2 Nov 2011 10:09:13 -0200, Urs Schutz wrote:
2
3 > Sometimes I do a
4 > > emerge --depclean -p
5 > more because portage says that one should do it. I feel
6 > that it is a lot of work to go through the package list
7 > manually and do not see the immediate benefit in doing it
8 > often.
9
10 The obvious benefit is that it takes a lot less time to go through the
11 package list as it is generally shorter when the interval between runs is
12 shorter.
13
14 I have a weekly cron job that runs python-updater, revdep-rebuild,
15 eix-test-obsolete, emerge -c, emaint -c all, glsa-check etc, all with -p,
16 and mails me the output. Then I can browse the results at my leisure.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 Ultimate memory manager; Windows, it manages to use it all..