From: antlists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Your opinion on jpeg encoders, please
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 02:00:16
1 On 11/01/2021 19:26, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
2 > I don’t really live the RAW way. They take up sooo much space and my
3 > camera’s OOC jpegs always look far nicer than anything I can produce with
4 > darktable/rawtherapee.
5
6 Okay, dunno about your Olympus stuff, but my Nikon cameras, the Nikon
7 software is supposed to "load raw, save as jpeg", and it should come out
8 identical to the jpeg that came off the camera.
9
10 I do know, though, that some software (quite possibly that Nikon stuff)
11 won't run under wine, blowing up with "unknown version of Windows" or
12 something like that. So you might have the same problem ...
13
14 Cheers,
15 Wol