From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to properly change CFLAGS ?
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 14:29:34
1 On Tuesday 22 August 2006 04:28, Collins Richey wrote:
2 > I'm just curious. The last time I participated in a -O2 vs. -Os
3 > discussion was 1 -1/2 to 2 years ago. There were certain software
4 > components (don't remember which) where -Os was contraindicated -
5 > warnings against compiling them with -Os. Have things progressed to
6 > the point  where -Os can be generally recommended?
7
8 Though I haven't used it myself so far (I'm using -O2) I think it has in the
9 sense that most programs in the Gentoo tree that are sensible to this (e.g.
10 openoffice, kdelibs and xorg-x11) are replacing -Os by -O2 in the ebuilds. If
11 you experience a problem with a program in the Gentoo tree because of -Os you
12 should be filing a bug to get it fixed...
15 Bo Andresen