From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] After power failure, SATA hd not recognized a bunch of times: do I have to worry?
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 20:52:05
1 Sorry, I sent the mail too early. Two corrections:
2
3 b.n. ha scritto:
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > Today, while I was at work, there had been a power failure. My Gentoo
7 > box was on when it happened.
8
9 I was at work, but the box is at home, so I have no idea of what really
10 happened.
11
12 > I rebooted a bunch of times, and everytime it behaved like there were no
13 > more hard disks. It looked for a bootsector in the CD/DVD drives and in
14 > the floppy drive, but behaved like the SATA HD did not exist. I tried to
15 > boot a Knoppix and its fstab showed no trace of an hard disk. Even more
16 > strange, at startup it
17
18 ...seemed active, because the red LED blinked sometimes. No strange
19 noises etc. whatsoever.
20
21 Thanks again,
22