From: Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Am I wrong?..
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 19:45:46
1 Am Donnerstag 01 Oktober 2009 21:32:56 schrieb forgottenwizard:
2
3 > However, I'm also wondering why the ebuild doesn't make use of the
4 > EDITOR variable as was mentioned.
5
6 Because that's the worst thing to do. An ebuild's behaviour should not depend
7 on env variables (like it's still the case for this stupid grub ebuild),
8 because the user never get's to see this. There are other possibilities, i.e.
9 something like LINGUAS or VIDEO_CARDS, which are immediately visible.
10
11 Bye...
12
13 Dirk