From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge conflict
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 07:28:20
1 On Sun, 18 Sep 2016 19:53:10 -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
2
3 > I got around the problem by using :
4 >
5 > emerge --backtrack=30 -pvtD perl perl-Archive-Tar perl-Carp
6 > perl-Compress-Raw-Zlib perl-CPAN-Meta-Requirements perl-Data-Dumper
7 > perl-ExtUtils-CBuilder perl-ExtUtils-Install perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker
8 > perl-ExtUtils-Manifest perl-ExtUtils-ParseXS perl-File-Spec
9 > perl-Getopt-Long perl-IO perl-Locale-Maketext perl-Perl-OSType
10 > perl-Scalar-List-Utils perl-Test-Harness perl-Text-ParseWords
11
12 I'm surprised you needed to jump through such hoops, I updated 2 stable
13 systems to perl 5.22 last week and emerge @world took care of all
14 blockers, although I did need to run perl-cleaner afterwards.
15
16 > It wants to remerge Exiftool Imagemagick Cups-filters Graphite2
17 > & also some further Perl pkgs & it wants to downgrade (G)Vim.
18 > That much wb ok, but it also wants to update Poppler & therefore LO
19 > & I don't feel like doing the last at the moment ( 65 min last time).
20 >
21 > What you suggested is fairly standard & I've done it in the past,
22 > but thanks for prompting me. Thanks to the other respondents too.
23 >
24 > Perl can stay where it is till LO 5.2 arrives in Portage :
25 > in fact, isn't it a bit slow appearing ?
26
27 5.2.1.2 has been in testing for a couple of days, but it appears that
28 5.1.4.2 is the only ebuild in stable, so that may be the reason for your
29 downgrade.
33 Neil Bothwick
34
35 You know it's cold when you spot a lawyer with his hands in his own
36 pockets.