From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge conflict
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 23:53:21
1 160918 Kai Krakow wrote:
2 > Try ... adding vim and other packages to the list:
3 > # emerge -1Dpuv perl
4 > # emerge -1Dpuv perl vim ...
5
6 I got around the problem by using :
7
8 emerge --backtrack=30 -pvtD perl perl-Archive-Tar perl-Carp perl-Compress-Raw-Zlib perl-CPAN-Meta-Requirements perl-Data-Dumper perl-ExtUtils-CBuilder perl-ExtUtils-Install perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker perl-ExtUtils-Manifest perl-ExtUtils-ParseXS perl-File-Spec perl-Getopt-Long perl-IO perl-Locale-Maketext perl-Perl-OSType perl-Scalar-List-Utils perl-Test-Harness perl-Text-ParseWords
9
10 It wants to remerge Exiftool Imagemagick Cups-filters Graphite2
11 & also some further Perl pkgs & it wants to downgrade (G)Vim.
12 That much wb ok, but it also wants to update Poppler & therefore LO
13 & I don't feel like doing the last at the moment ( 65 min last time).
14
15 What you suggested is fairly standard & I've done it in the past,
16 but thanks for prompting me. Thanks to the other respondents too.
17
18 Perl can stay where it is till LO 5.2 arrives in Portage :
19 in fact, isn't it a bit slow appearing ?
23 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
24 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
25 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca