From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Portage performance dropped considerably
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 21:54:42
1 On 01/27/2014 10:48 PM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 14:57:10 +0100, hasufell wrote:
3 >
4 >> If it's about performance (in the sense of speed), then paludis
5 >> is worse, because dependency calculation is more complex/complete
6 >> there.
7 >
8 > That makes no sense at all. Paludis is written in a different
9 > language using different algorithms. It's not about the amount of
10 > work it does so much as how efficiently it does it.
14 That's exactly what I was saying. I was talking about speed, not
15 efficiency.