From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Internet not working after instillition
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 11:25:51
1 Hi,
2
3 On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 03:48:26 -0800 (PST) Harbir Singh Hundal
4 <hshundal@×××××.com> wrote:
5
6 > I think i did copy resolv.conf during instilation, but anyway I have
7 > recopied and not its working.
8
9 Please tell a bit about your network infrastructure. When there's a
10 DHCP server running: Did you set it up? Is it built into a router of
11 some kind? What are the router's DNS settings? The DHCP server is
12 supposed to provide valid DNS servers, too. So it probably doesn't at
13 the moment, and dhcpcd clears /etc/resolv.conf. You can prevent that
14 with the "-R" switch to dhcpcd. I think there is even an example
15 in /etc/conf.d/net.example that tells you how to persistently set this
16 flag. However, I'd prefer to set up the router (i.e. its DHCP server)
17 correctly to provide valid DNS servers.
18
19 -hwh
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list