From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Downgrading glib
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 03:33:03
1 On Wednesday 18 June 2008, Grant wrote:
2 > >> I downgraded from glib-2.17.2 to glib-2.14.6 and had problems so I
3 > >> went back to 2.17.2. How can I make this downgrade successfully?
4 > >>
5 > >> - Grant
6 > >
7 > > revdep-rebuilt afterwards?
8 >
9 > Yeah revdep-rebuild only comes up with transmission (which could have
10 > needed a rebuild before messing with glib), and transmission fails to
11 > build. The main problem is with gdm. It won't load with an
12 > unresolved symbol error (I think) and won't rebuild either.
13 >
14 > Would more specific errors be helpful here or should this be
15 > approached a different way?
16
17 you could grep for the old lib in /usr and rebuild everything which has its
18 name somewhere.
19 --
20 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list