From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Date and time reset randomly.
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 14:20:53
1 On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 11:01:51 +0200
2 Xavier Parizet <blackhawk@××××××××.fr> wrote:
3
4 > > Hello gentoo peoples ;)
5 > >
6 > > I have a little problem on my laptop. Everything is fine, except the
7 > > fact that sometimes, the date and time reset to the 01/01/2000 .
8 > do you check that isn't your bios ? Maybe your bios battery is out
9 > and cause the bios settings to reset randomly...
10 That is only going to work if the computer has been turned off. The
11 bios should be able to remember everything without an external battery
12 if the computer is running.
13 > > Consequently, on reboot, the boot process warn me that there are
14 > > many files wich have modification dates in the future .... That
15 > > happens randomly, in something like every 15 reboots ...
16 > >
17 > > I have then to reconfigure my dates ....
18 > >
19 > > So, does anyone knows where is that problem coming from ?
20 > >
21 > > It is of course not very important , but I would be happy to fix
22 > > it ..
23 Perhaps NTP could help you...
24 > > Thanks.
25 > Regards.