From: Jan-Hendrik Zab <xaero@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Custom rsync command for
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 20:44:22
1 On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 14:35:49 +0000 (UTC)
2 Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name> wrote:
3
4 > Alexander Skwar <listen <at> alexander.skwar.name> writes:
5 [...]
6 > Hmm, well, it just occured to me, that I could run "socksify emerge --sync"
7 > instead of having emerge run "socksify rsync". The net effect would be the same.
8 >
9 > But still, just for my curiosity:
10 >
11 > > How do I tell emerge to use a custom rsync command?
12
13 Quite frankly, I don't know any clean way. But you could of course just
14 change the hard coded path to the rsync command in `/usr/bin/emerge'.
15
16 It's in the `rsynccommand'-Variable.
17
18 Actually, I first thought about creating an alias, but it seems that
19 the bash part in emerge just affects the build system.
20
21 [ I've just looked deep enough to see that it has nothing to do with
22 rsync, so there might be more. ]
23
24 Jan-Hendrik Zab
27 | Jan-Hendrik Zab